Thursday, July 22, 2010

Enema



I was asked by someone about ‘enama’. Then, I verified him is it ‘edema or enema?’ because I had never heard enama. At the same time, I was not familiar about ‘enema’.

I took my netbook, connected to the internet and started the searching. What I found are :

An enema (plural enemata or enemas) is the procedure of introducing liquids into the rectum and colon via the anus.

Available in Malaysia :
1)Sodium Biphosphate 16% & Sodium Phosphate 6% Enema - FLEET READY-TO-USE ENEMA
2)Sodium Biphosphate 16% & Sodium Phosphate 6% Enema - FLEET READY-TO-USE ENEMA FOR CHILDREN
3)Glycerin 25 % & Sodium Chloride 15 % Disposable Enema - BANDI-S15 ENEMA
4)5- aminosalicylic acid (Mesalazine) 6.67 % w/w Enema - SALOFALK ENEMAS

There are 2 types of drugs preparation :
1)LAXATIVES, PURGATIVES (CATHARTICS) = Glycerin 25% and NaCl 15%Disposable Enema

2)ANTINEOPLASTICS = Mesalazine (5-aminosalicylic acid) 6.67% w/w Enema

No comments: